SSAB Conference 2018
Thank you to everyone who attended the Safeguarding Adults Board conference, ‘Back to Basics’ on Monday 10 December at the HG Wells Conference Centre in Woking.
The event was a huge success with over 150 delegates in attendance.
Please find below presentation slides from the mornings speakers, slides from each of the four workshops and photos from the event.
Safeguarding – A reminder of its importance
- Learning from Thematic Reviews of SAR’s – Professor Michael Preston-Shoot
- The Surrey Position – Clement Guerin, Head of Adult Safeguarding and Amy McLeod, SSAB Board Manager
- Types of Abuse– Steve Davies – SKD Training
- Learning from the ASC Domestic Abuse and Adult Safeguarding Audit– Rebecca Berry, SCC Safeguarding Advisor.
The Safeguarding Process Information
- Information versus Intelligence– DI Jim Strugnell, Surrey Police
- Reporting into the MASH – Claudine Cox, ATM ASC MASH
The Process in Practice
Domestic Abuse – Rebecca Berry, Bridie Anderson, Amy McLeod
Neglect in Care Settings – Anna Barbato, Jane Stapleton, Debbie Potts
Exploitation – Steve Davies, Andrew Smith
Mental Capacity Act – Jim Poyser, Rachel Croft
During the course of the conference questions were submitted to our panel for the question and answer sessions.
Photos – Can you spot yourself?