On this page you will find a range of resources, tools, guides, leaflets and poster which aim to provide you with additional information on different aspects of safeguarding to assist professionals and ensure their practice is effective.
There are also links to other organisations who are members of the Safeguarding Adults Board.
Detailed guidance on the statutory requirements of the Care Act for different agencies sets out the responsibilities of different organisations, as defined by the Care Act 2014.
The Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board has published guidance materials for members of the public, to provide information on types of risk for adults with care and support needs
The Home Office has release new Safeguarding is everyone’s business leaflets
Easy Read Leaflets
What is Abuse?
Understanding what is abuse, where abuse can happen and different types of abuse.
Speaking up to abuse, who to talk to and how to report abuse.
Section 42 Enquiries
What happens when you report abuse, what is a Section 42 and understanding what happens when an enquiry is over.
Understanding domestic abuse, examples and who to tell.
Understanding financial abuse, examples, signs and who to tell.
Understanding modern slavery, human rights law and different types.
Understanding neglect, examples and signs of being neglected.
What are scams? The effects of being scammed and how to protect yourself.
The Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) publish a newsletter on a quarterly basis.
Each newsletter is published following the each board meeting, this will enable the SSAB to include information from the most recent SSAB meeting. Board meetings taking place in June, September, December and March of each year.
If you would like to receive a copy of the newsletter into your inbox please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our distribution list.
The Autumn 2023/24 newsletter provides information on:
- SSAB Conference – Wednesday 22 November 2023
- Safeguarding Adults Week 20-26 November 2023
- Whats new on the SSAB Website
- Are You Attending the Right Training Course?
- Training Courses available
- SSAB Webinar Series
The Autumn 2023/24 newsletter can be downloaded: Autumn 2023/24
Due to a change in our newsletter provider, all previous newsletters publish by our previous system are no longer available.
Please click here to access newsletters from the Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership
The Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board (SSAB) has created a learning library to contain resources for professionals, by professionals.
- An introduction to Adult Safeguarding
- Domestic Abuse – Surrey Safeguarding Adults Presentation
- Hate Crime Training
- Introduction to Surrey MASH – Adults
- Mental Capacity Act (MCA) & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- SSAB Policy and Procedure supporting presentation
- Safeguarding Adult Reviews (SAR)
- 2018 Conference – Back to Basics
The SSAB is interested to know who uses these resources and from what agency you are from. If you find these useful or you think something is missing that would be a beneficial to others please contact us at email@example.com
We do ask that anyone using any of the items in our learning library, to please check that all the information/ links are correct before using for any training/ sharing wider.
National Safeguarding Week
The Safeguarding Adults Board is now preparing for Safeguarding Adults week which starts on Monday 20th November. The SSAB is supporting this with its own resources as well as resources from the Ann Craft Trust.
We would welcome your help as a Board member to support us in promoting the week to raise awareness of Safeguarding Adults across Surrey.
We are also planning to arrange stalls across various locations within Surrey, it would be much appreciated if a nominated representative from your organisation could help with preparing and manning the stalls. Locations of stalls will be finalised nearer the time, however if you do know of any – please let us know as soon as possible.
In helping us to arrange and prepare for the week, we would also appreciate if you could let us know if you require merchandise and resources (Leaflets, pens, and other miscellaneous products) which the board can purchase in advance.
The themes for the days are:
- Monday – Mental Capacity Act
- Tuesday – Role of the carers (Learning from SARs), Power of Attorneys
- Wednesday – SSAB Safeguarding Conference
- Thursday – Trauma informed/Vicarious Trauma
- Friday – Domestic Abuse/Scams
Request of board members:
- Assistance with manning stalls.
- Resources and Merchandise required.
- Any other information to relay during the week.
If anyone else has any thoughts/ suggestions, please just let us know as we welcome your support for the week.
Please let us know by Monday 31st July otherwise we may be unable to accommodate your requests nearer to Safeguarding Adults week.
National Safeguarding Week 2022 took place from Monday 21-Sunday 27 November . The topics for the week were:
- Monday –Exploitation and county lines
- Tuesday – Self-neglect
- Wednesday – Creating Safer Organisational Cultures
- Thursday – Elder Abuse
- Friday – Domestic Abuse in Tech-Society
- Saturday & Sunday – Safeguarding in Everyday Life
What we did in 2022
Follow us on Twitter @SurreySAB where we will be tweeting daily with both local and national organisations tweets as well retweeting other twitter threads.
Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board Resources:
- Advertising banners (various sizes) including signature banner.
- Social Media Advertising
- Newspaper Advertising
- Leaflets ( A1 , A3 )
- Guides : Cuckooing, Domestic Abuse, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS), Financial Abuse, Making Decision, Modern Slavery, Neglect, Safeguarding Adult Reviews (SAR), Section 42 Enquiries, Scams