Each local authority area must have a safeguarding adults board (SAB). They are a multi-agency partnership that helps to prevent abuse and neglect of adults with care and support needs.
The Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) works collaboratively across statutory, voluntary and third sector organisations to enable people in Surrey to live a life free from fear, harm and abuse.
The Surrey Safeguarding Adults Board oversees the effectiveness of adult safeguarding work across the county, co-ordinating activities to ensure the quality of work in this area.
- Receives assurance of the safeguarding arrangements in place.
- Listens and responds to the voices of adults at risk, their families and their carers.
- Coordinates multi-agency projects to prevent abuse and neglect.
- Develops and drives awareness raising activity, highlighting the importance of safeguarding.
- Provides a multi-agency training programme to give staff the right skills to safeguard adults.