The Safeguarding Adults Board meets on a quarterly basis to:
- receive assurances that partners in Surrey are working effectively to safeguard adults at risk from abuse and neglect.
- review learning from SAR’s and to discuss how local practice should change as a result of this learning.
- receive updates from member organisations on their work to safeguard adults and to discuss how partners can support by working collaboratively and efficiently.
The SAB is supported by three sub-groups:
- The Delivery Group is responsible for the operational delivery of the strategic plan. It considers the policy and training requirements and how the SAB can be assured of progress.
- The Safeguarding Adults Review sub-group receive all SAR notifications, they review the notification against the statutory duty of the SAB to complete a review and make recommendations to the chair of the SAB.
- The Business Management Group
In the near future it is hoped the the work of the SAB will also be supported by a Community Reference Group and a multi-agency Scrutiny Group.